If you are an emerging artist in the Bay Area, the Community Arts Grant through the Zellerbach Family Foundation is a great way to get funding! This foundation has a long history of encouraging new artists.
Examples of Grants by the Community Arts Panel include:
• Dance: Gretchen Garnett & Dancers, Intermediate Levels of Disturbance
• Theater: Z Space Studio, The Companion Piece
• Festivals: Arab Cultural and Community Center, The Arab Cultural Festival
• Poetry: Poetry Flash newspaper
• Music: Circuit Network, Pamela Z’s Room
COMMUNITY ARTS PROGRAM CRITERIA:
Non-profit community arts organizations doing their work in San Francisco, Contra Costa, and Alameda counties, representing the fields of dance, theater, visual arts, music, festivals, poetry, literature, and publications are eligible to apply. Films and videos are not eligible. Youth-performed or youth-oriented programs are not eligible.
The Community Arts program supports mainly performance-oriented requests that represent contemporary, cutting-edge new work. Traditional work such as the performance of Mozart’s music, a production of a Broadway play/musical, the performed reading of the works of a traditional poet like Carl Sandburg would not be eligible.
This is a fairly involved application so get started today!